Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

    This thing has me quite fascinated. I have known many highly skilled and highly driven machinists in my life. This fella is near the top of the ladder.

    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

    And not to be out done, a V12...

    Olson's V-8 Flathead Motorcycles - Photos | Facebook

    Would like to see the insides of that small V8.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member 604man's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2009
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

    V8 Henderson .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11q3LqjBA3A]YouTube[/url]


    Web page here.

    Carl Vandre
    Last edited by 604man; February 1st, 2018 at 02:39 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member BillWojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2016
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

    The best DIY sound I ever heard was following behind my friend Albert Bold on his hand built MV Agusta 500cc inline 4 replica GP road racer at Pocono Speedway.
    He started this project by tracking down the foundry that made the original castings in Italy, had several sets of engine castings made and built the rest. Outsourced the pistons only, crank, rods, gear box, clutch and all the rest hand made. Frame, exhaust system, wheel hubs and even the brakes all hand built. That fellow is an artist.
    My Yamaha RZ350 was a nice match for it on the track. During practice when I would catch up with him I never bothered to pass, instead I just followed on his tail so I could listen to the howl of that engine. Brings back some neat memories.

    BillWojo

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member 604man's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2009
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

    Panther 600 great sound on Idle


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkm7SEfIVmM]YouTube[/url]

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member gdmoore28's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: The Best DIY Sound I Have Ever Heard

    Those kind of guys amaze me with their talent.

    I enjoy reading the English motorcycle magazines because they typically feature a number of engineering marvels. I remember seeing guys who had cojoined engines like the Honda CBX into V-12s and the like.

    GeeDeeEmm

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.